You are here
Due Diligence in Hydroelectric Plants
Now, many actors in the electric market wants their renewable portfolio are as diverse as possible. So, more and more funds and utilities are diversifying, beside the “classic” photovoltaic and wind assets, they are investing in hydroelectric.
As a rule, with few exceptions, the hydroelectric assets differ from other renewables ones by their age. While most of the photovoltaic and wind assets changing hands or are refinanced are under five/ten years old, in the hydroelectric industry, it is usual to find plants built more than ten, twenty or even forty years ago. And this requires a specialized treatment for their correct assessment.
Barlovento has specialized professionals in the hydroelectric field, able to technically evaluate hydroelectric plants (technical due diligence) of different types and sizes, with or without regulation.
Among the activities we can offer our clients, it is worth mentioning:
- Independent hydrology report
- Theorical energy yield assessment
- Inspection of civil works
- Dam, intake, spillway
- Tunnel, hydraulic gallery
- Desander, chamber, surge chamber
- Powerhouse, warehouses, other buildings
- Roads, drainage network, structures.
- Inspection of electrical installation
- General arrangement
- Transformer and substation
- Auxiliary services
- Revision of electromechanical equipment
- Racks and rack cleaners
- Turbines and generators
- SCADA integration
- Review of Operations and Maintenance procedures
- Suitability of personnel
- CAPEX and OPEX assessment
- Risk matrix
- Potential upsides assessment