You are here
Tests following IEC, AWEA and BWEA for the certication of small wind turbines.
Barlovento is accredited following ISO-EN 17025 for performing certification tests of small wind turbines pursuant the international standards:
- IEC 61400-2: Wind turbines – Part 2: Design requirements for small wind turbines.
- AWEA Small Wind Turbine Performance and Safety Standard
- British Wind Energy Association Small Wind Turbine Performance and Safety Standard.
Following these schemes, the tests established for the certification of a small wind turbine are shown in the next figure:
Safety & Function test: verification of the wind turbine operation conditions as well as the control systems that allow a reliable and safe operation:
- Power control.
- Rotation speed control.
- Orientation system control (yaw).
- Protection facing load loss.
- Protection facing over speeds.
- Starting and emergency stoppages.
Power curve test: Power curve verification and wind turbine performance.
- Power curve verification according IEC 61400-12-1 / Anexo H.
- Met mast according to the especifications and recommendations IEC, Measnet,…
- Equivalent annual energy.
Acoustic noise test: Wind turbine verification as to generation and acoustic noise analysis:
- Equivalent Sound Power Level.
- 1/3 octave analysis.
- Tones analysis.
- “Acoustic Label” according to specifications BWEA and/or IEC 61400-11 Ed.3
Duration test: verification of the operation of the wind turbine during a 6-month period minimum in all the range of operation conditions, in order to assure the operation of the same during the long term.
- Operation factor: availability of the wind turbine.
- Deterioration of the energy production.
- Mechanical analysis:
- Weariness and deterioration of components.
- Vibratory behaviour.
Tests site: Barlovento has a small wind turbine laboratory available to their customers where it is possible to carry out the tests and activities defined above. Such site allows testing wind turbines Class I, according to IEC 61400-2.